Friday, October 24, 2008

A BLANKET FOR BABY

I love to crochet.



I made this blanket for baby Hazel. I've made this same pattern a few times for new babies, each one a little different because each baby is a little different.




I've used various colors, but I use no more than three for one blanket. I also always use 100% cotton yarn.







This picture shows a close-up of the granny square pattern. I made 12 lilac and 13 green for a total of 25 squares.





I used white yarn to bind all the squares together. Then, I added the pretty edging shown here.





What would be a good name for this blanket?

7 comments:

keri said...

love the blanket

joyce said...

so, so pretty. It reminds me of grape jelly. :)

Kendra said...

Oops. Sorry Rayn, that last comment was by Kendra, not joyce (I'm on my mom's computer)

The Andra Family said...

I love the blanket we were lucky enough to receive from you. This one is equally cute. Name wise..........I'll have to get back to you on that one.

The Heaton's said...

You are so talented! Love the blanket!!

Shannon said...

I love the beautiful blankie! Why not call the blanket "Hazel"? It's an adorable name to match an adorable blanket.

The Heaton's said...

Hi Rayn! I use picasa to upload my pictures and there is a collage button. It is really easy!