Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Memories

Hot Cocoa, anyone?
The other morning, I was cleaning up the kitchen, and what to my wondering eyes should appear? But, the Littlest sitting in a pile of freshly dumped out hot cocoa mix! MMMmmm that looks good.


On another holiday note:
The kids decided that they wanted to get presents for each other this year, even though they don't have any money.
Gene came up with the wonderful idea of letting them draw names. Then he'd take them down to the DI and let them pick out presents for one another.

Wonderful idea in theory. You see, he took all four of them by himself.

Just imagine... all five of them on ONE tiny aisle of toys, picking out presents for each other. (Without the others seeing, mind you.) Well, every time Isaac would pick something for Zoe, she would come up to him and say, "I saw that. And I don't want it." This happened three times.

Gene got it all figured out, and had a good laugh the rest of the night. He told me about it, and I had a good laugh too. What a good daddy these little angels have!

3 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

That's cute! I hope they all found something extra special for their siblings. Thanks for coming to the shower. My sisters (Cheri & Kandice) thought you were really cute and funny! Hmmm. Wonder why they think that. I'm still trying to figure you out! :) --I hope you know I'm totally kidding. I totally agree with them...even if you are from L.A. Verkin

Saddie said...

I had a similar hot cocoa situation this weekend but substitute Tomas for Asher and formula for cocoa mix. Tomie kept saying the dry formula was "chocolate" and had it in a cup. He kept stirring it with his spoon and then trying to drink it. Imagine trying to drink dry powdered formula!! lol! It was so funny that I didn't mind the mess left from the formula that didn't quite make it into the cup.

The Heaton's said...

How funny! I can just picture Zoe and Isaac! They are the funniest kids! Asher looks adorable and seems to be enjoying every minute of it! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!