Sunday, January 18, 2009

Reflection

I've always liked making things. When I was little I wanted to be an artist. There's something about taking materials from different places and turning it into something new. And useful. And beautiful. CREATION.

I think about things a lot. Way too much sometimes. My mind is busy with things I want to do or make, and how they'll turn out. Oftentimes, my thinking gets in the way of the actual doing. And then I get frustrated, and don't DO anything.

After I knit those arm warmers, my mind started thinking again. But this time, it was different. I started thinking about our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus. How we were thought about before we were actually made. They took materials and made US. New. And useful. And beautiful. CREATION.

It is interesting to me to think that in something as simple as making something for someone else, a testimony about our very own creation can be found.

6 comments:

The Andra Family said...

I like the analogy. I too think of many things I'd like to make, and spend most of my time thinking or finding ideas from other places, but never with time left to create.

Saddie said...

what a wonderful thought. thanks for sharing, rayn.

The Heaton's said...

I love this post! I think alot of times our lives get so busy that we forget to stop and really think about things. This is a great thought to start my day off with!! Thanks for sharing!

Anita Day said...

You are quite the thinker...Thanks for making me think.

JILLIAN said...

I FIND MYSELF THINKING ABOUT THINGS WAY TOO MUCH AS WELL.
THAT IS WHAT HAS ALWAYS IMPRESSED ME WITH YOU .
A THINKER AND CREATIVE, WOW!

Kendra said...

Thank you for your sweet thoughts. I think creativity is a feminine trait.